Veterans Assistance Fund

The Veterans Assistance Fund administered by the Clark County Veteran’s Assistance Center offers financial assistance to low income, qualified veterans who need help. The fund helps Veterans bridge financial difficulties until they can secure permanent employment or survive a difficult financial period. The fund is supported by tax dollars and has limitations.

Requirements for Veterans Fund Assistance:

What do you need to bring with you? No appointments are required. Walk-ins are served on a first come, first serve basis. Bring the following documentation:

  • DD-214 or HINQ
  • One year’s proof of continuous residency in Washington and currently Clark County. ex: driver’s license, rental agreement, or old utility bill.
  • The last 90-days verification of household income. ex: pay stubs, award letters, or three bank statements.

If you are married and have dependents, the following additional items are required:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificates or school registration for children
  • If child is over 18, proof that child is still attending school and living with you

Veterans Assistance Program Can Help With:

  • One month’s rent or security deposit
  • Rental Assistance to prevent eviction
  • Utilities Assistance (available to veteran twice)
  • Food, hygiene, and cleaning supplies – amount based on the number of people in the household
  • Transportation – bus transportation or gas
  • Prescription drugs – up to $600 in a 12-month period
  • Dental Assistance
  • Food Vouchers
  • Clothing Allowance
  • Burial/Cremation up to $1,000
  • Clothing/Tools/Licensing up to $800 in a 24-month period
  • Auto Repair – up to $1,000 in a 12-month period
  • Storage fees

Other conditions may apply. The information listed here may change without notice.

For assistance with the Veterans Assistance Fund, you may also email us at:

Download and fill out the application form and either mail it or drop it off at our office.

Located in Downtown Vancouver WA

Serving Veterans in the Clark County:
Vancouver WA | Camas | Washougal | Ridgefield | Woodland | La Center | Longview | Portland OR

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search